Biography of Master Kenny Perez
Master Kenny Perez has been in Martial Arts for over forty six years. In those years he has studied all aspects of many styles acquiring vast knowledge and amassing many awards and trophies. Mr. Perez holds a 6th Duan masters degree from Beijing China under Master/coach Wu Bin (all aspects of Wushu). A “closed door” student of Grandmaster Douglas Wong (5 Animals Kung Fu- Shaolin White Lotus Kung Fu) and a formal student of Sifu Augustine Fong (Wing Chun Gung Fu). He has taught for over thirty-seven years producing fine students and teachers across the U.S. He introduced Wushu to Phoenix and Glendale Community Colleges. Mr. Perez holds Black Belts in Kenpo, Shuri-Ryu, White Lotus Kungfu, Shaolin Kung Fu, Tae Kwon Do and Wushu. Mr. Perez has also studied Judo, Hung Gar, Tai Chi Chuan, Weaponry, Acrobatics & Tumbling, Boxing, Stunt Work and spent 12 years in the security field- combining it all into his system of “Dynamic” Wu Shu. Mr. Perez is a master of many weapons including exotic weapons such as the Flying Fork, Meteor Hammer, Heaven-Earth Sword, Drunken-Sword & Staff, 2 Handed Sword, etc.. He has trained and worked with Martial Arts superstars – Jet Li, Donnie Yen and Stephen Chow, action director Billy Tang.and director Yuen Wo Ping (famous for directing-“Matrix”, “Kill Bill”, etc.)
Master Perez is a versatile entertainer and is skilled in Iron Body Qi Gung, Skills, Chinese Opera Skills, Chinese Drumming, Lion and Dragon dancing and one of China’s closely guarded secrets “Bian Lian”- “Face Changing”
- Inductee “USA Martial Arts Hall of Fame”
- 5 time U.S. Wushu Team member
- State, National and International Wushu/Kungfu Champion
- Author of the book “Wushu Skills”.
- Founder of North American Wushu Association-NAWA
- Contributing writer to many magazine and book collaborations worldwide.
- Certified IWuF judge
- State Commissioner of Arizona Senior Olympics- Tai Chi
- Resident Tai Chi Master on “Your Life A-Z” Channel 3 Phoenix AZ
- Actor/choreographer/stuntman in 6 motion pictures, television, Cable and stage.
- 1st non-asian to be admitted to Mainland China in 1981 (after the revolutionary years) for training in Wu Shu.
Mr. Perez has performed and choreographed works in many parts of the US as well as Mexico, China, Hong Kong, Germany, Canada, Bahamas, Haiti and Ukraine. He has worked in support of Wushu’s inclusion into the Olympics and has made great strides in the unification of the Chinese Martial Arts. Master Perez is also an actor/stuntman registered in Imdb and hkmdb.